Saturday, November 05, 2005

Crash

Tonight I watched Crash on cable on-demand. This was a damn good movie.

IMDB describes it as "Several characters of different racial backgrounds collide in one incident. The different stereotypes society has created for those backgrounds affect their judgment, beliefs and actions. This in turn causes problems for each of them." See the whole IMDB entry here.

That really wasn't what it was all about, but it was surely a look at race in America today and the stereotypes that everyone experiences at one point or another. It was a very powerful movie. It made me think. Really think, which is something a movie hasn't done in a while.

Plus it had Sandra Bullock in it, which can't hurt. :)

What's odd is that at the end of the movie I decided I never wanted to watch it again. I say that because I want to remember this movie just like I saw it tonight, the first time. I think I might see things differently knowing how things were related at the beginning and I think that would have detracted from the movie.

So, watch Crash. It's well worth the two hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home