Monday, October 10, 2005

Happy Birthday to Me

Cin asked me a couple weeks ago what I wanted for my birthday. That one was easy this year - I wanted two things, (1) her to take me to The Melting Pot for dinner, and (2) her to make me a pizza from scratch.

We did the restaurant dinner last week and it was tasty, very tasty. DrMo and her boyfriend and her sister joined us and we had lots of delicious fondue. We also had a new Reisling from somewhere in Australia that had just begun being imported into the States. It was very different than any other Reisling I've ever had - it was less sweet and more dry. It was very delicious. DrMo's boy took the label; hopefully he'll track down where we can buy a couple bottles.

On Saturday, Cin was supposed to make me my birthday pizza. She was going to call me in the afternoon when she was ready for dinner (apparently the dough needed to rise). Around 6.30pm, I got really tired of waiting and when I couldn't get her on the phone or IM, I drove over there.

Big Mistake.

Apparently Cin (along with DrMo and their other roomie, Erin) had planned a suprise party for me. And I walked in right when people just started to get there. The only ones there were DrMo and her boyfriend, Erin, Cin, our friends Mike and Sara, and our friend Stephanie. Whoops. Luckily, things picked up from there. Lots of people showed up and Cin began to forgive me for coming early. The pizzas she made were delicious (she made three - a white cheddar pizza, a Pizza Margharita with sliced tomatoes and fresh moz cheese, and a "normal" pizza) - very delicious. Lots of folks I haven't seen in a while (including Rachel and Elana - they're twins - that I haven't seen in years) showed up. I had a great time and it looked like everyone else did as well. The party also had a pirate theme with decorations and such. I had to wear a bandana with various pirate images on it. Arr!

Thanks to Cin, DrMo, and Erin for planning this (and to MrSideshow for "pumping up that ******* pool in the basement"). What a sweet birthday present.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matt S. said...

Hey bitch,

I spent over an hour pumping up that fucking pool in the basement...how about some props for that?

5:16 PM  
Blogger jeffsix said...

OK, it's fixed.

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home