Sunday, November 20, 2005

Busy Weekend

On Friday, I left work early and went to the gym (ahh, the gym). I briefly entertained the idea of sitting in the sauna after my workout, as I hear it's supposed to be good for your immune system. However, after seeing the two portly, naked, gentlemen inside, I decided not to see if this is true. :) Cindy brought over food from Noddles and Company, which was delicious. Then, Danny and Jen came over and we watched The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Yes, this is the same movie as we saw the play of last week (with Danny and Jen). We decided after seeing the play that seeing the movie may make the story make more sense. Nope. The opposite was true; the play made more sense. But atleast we got to do the Time Warp dance again. We also had some delicious wine (Firestone Reisling for me and Cin). Ahh, wine and a campy, cult, movie. Sweet.

On Saturday, Cin was at a swim meet. I spent the day helping my friends Scott and Erin (same folks we went to Paris with last summer) move from their apartment in DC to a house they just bought in Ellicott City. There was some horrible construction on New York Ave going into DC at 10AM on this Saturday morning. I got there and Erin let me in; Scott called a couple of minutes later saying that he was there with the moving truck. We went down and Erin stood in shock about the truck Scott drove up it. This was not the 10 foot moving truck he was reserved, it was atleast twice that long (no smaller trucks in stock). Normally this would be great, but we're in the middle of narrow-street, sharp-turns, DC here. Anyhow, we loaded up the truck (their whole apartment could fit in there), and headed to Ellicott City. I found their new house OK and it's really nice. It took much less time to unload than to load and after the usual pizza and beer, we departed as they needed to return the truck before 5pm (it would have cost something like 3x to return it in Ellicott City). After that I headed home and met Cin at the mall later. We walked around a little bit and then met my parents to see Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. The movie was really good, but I'm convinced I like the books alot more than the movies. Still, top notch film.

On Sunday, I ran some errands and then met Cin at her house. We bought some groceries and took then to a mall off US40 for MIX106.5's annual Stuff-A-Bus event (they load up MTA buses with food for the Maryland Food Bank). We were both a little disappointed that you give then your food and they put it on the bus; we had wanted to load it up ourselves. Oh well. Then we watched the end of the Ravens game (why do we start playing so well - except for some really stupid mistakes from Boller - now that we're out of any hope for the playoffs?). Anyway, it was a REALLY good game. I then watched the Indy/Cincy game. Since when were the Bengals this good? Marvin Lewis is one helluva coach. This was simply the best football game I've seen in a long time. I ran to Giant and got some turkey burgers for dinner and then we watched The Simpsons - which was probably the funniest episode of this show that I've seen in a while. It's just been a good day for entertainment this weekend.

That's the weekend. Back to work tomorrow (until Thursday - love those holidays!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home