Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Buona sera!

Today, me, Cin, and DrMo started Italian class. It's once a week for two and a half hours at HCC and is not for credit. But this is the same Introduction to Italian class that's offered for credit. I was a little worried about this, as it's two and a half hours on Tuesday night, but it was alot of fun. And I did pretty good at it, even if I do have to say so myself. Hopefully this keeps up.

In other news, on Friday the bartending staff at Fridays, our every-week happy hour place came over when me, DrMo, and our friend Jen had just gotten there and told us that TheBartender had been fired on Wednesday (I'm going to steal DrMo's nickname for TheBartender, as it's appropiate as he has been our bartender for years and he's damn good at it). Apparenly he didn't come to a meeting (that none of the bar staff came to) and he got fired. Apparently the new manager there (they go through managers like no tomorrow) was out to get him. TheCuteGirlBartender (that one I made up) was quite furious about this and told this manager that like 80% of the folks that come to the bar on Friday came to see TheBartender (which is true), to which the manager said that they'd have to attract new regulars then. Man I feel appreachiated. Anyway, TheBartender is looking for work and we think he'll end up at another bar we like nearby. So happy hour may be moving after multiple years. What a messed up situation. How dare they screw up happy hour ... I ought to club them and eat their bones! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home