Monday, September 12, 2005

Goodness with the new Cell Phone

Here's a feature. I was driving home from Delaware this evening and almost ran into an accident. The large truck in front of me slammed on its brakes (as did I) and as we drove past, I saw what used to be an Eclipse spun-out in the middle of I-95 with the front and back bashed in and the driver just getting out of the car. I dailed 911 on my cell and got a busy signal. I hung up and dialed again - at which point I noticed that my phone had gone into Emergency Mode. Apparently once one dials 911, the phone stays in that mode until cancelled, with the GPS receiver online so its broadcasting your position to emergency services (this is Enhanced-911 or E911). Very cool. To summarize, the police were already responding to the accident and everyone seemed OK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home