Friday, August 26, 2005

Hornets

Over the span of two days, I found three dead hornets upstairs in my house (well, one was alive but very groggy looking and Eddie was swatting it). I got out the ladder to look into the attic (as they were all upstairs near the attic) and when I lifted the cover up a little, I saw another dead one. So I called the J. C. Ehrlich pest control company and they came out about an hour later, for an after-hours, "emergency", appointment.

He spent a good hour up in my attic looking for a nest and such. He found eight or nine other dead ones and one live one (which he killed). No nest. So there really wasn't anything else he could do. We did tape up the attic entryway (the moulding around the cover was loose and they surely could have flown in there). Apparently they will have their QA manager come out at some point soon to take another look as well. So he left and I slept pretty poorly, constantly on the lookout for hornets. It's about 2.15pm the next day now and no hornets in sight.

The Ehrlich guy was very professional and very good. I have alot of trust in everything he told me. He also impressed me when, upon calling me back after being paged, he tried to talk me out of the after-hours appointment as it's alot of expensive ($200 just to show up, plus whatever the treatment costs). But I felt alot better having him come out so it was worth the money. So, good job Ehrlich. Hopefully this is all taken care of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home