Friday, December 23, 2005

Tape

After wrapping some Christmas presents, I got about halfway done with one oddly-shaped gift and then ran out of tape. Ugh. Off to the Target I went. Finding the tape aisle, I found that I had four choices. There are two main kinds of tape - "transparent tape" and "invisible tape." Invisible tape is about twice as much as transparent tape, but it looked better. Once I decided on invisible, I had to choose between the 3M/Scotch and Target brands. I buy Target brand products all the time and normally I'm very happy so I chose the Target brand.

After coming home, I tried to finish wrapping the present I had left half-unwrapped. I pulled a strip of tape up and went to tear it off the container. Herein lies the problem. The little jagged edge where you're supposed to rip the tape off doesn't work well. Not at all. Thinking that maybe this was a problem with the one unit I had, I pulled out unit #2 (I bought a pack of 3). Nope, same problem. Apparently, the Target brand invisible tape has a very poorly designed dispenser. So today I went back to Target and bought a pack of 3 of the Scotch invisible tape. Well-designed dispenser. It works very well.

Bottom line: This was very frustrating. I've never been disappointed with a Target brand product before. Normally they focus on design and usability. What happened with the tape?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home