Sunday, July 08, 2007

Bachelor Party

Last night, we had my bachelor party.

I had no idea what the plan was. Danny (stand-in best man since my brother is in Iraq) and Jack (good friend) picked me up right at 1.00pm and we headed off to the first event. The movies. To see Transformers. Yeah, that was pretty kick-ass. Actually it was awesomely kick-ass. I grew up watching the Autobots battle with the Decepticons and seeing them on the big screen was great. Say what you will about Michael Bay, he makes a damn good action movie. I did tear up a little bit when Bumblebee lost some of his legs.

After that, we headed over to Danny's apartment where some other folks joined us and then headed to Gaithersburg for dinner. At the Dogfish Head Alehouse. Sweet. Dogfish Head is a craft brewery, based in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. They brew some pretty crazy stuff - they are well known for their IPAs, especially their 120-minute IPA. That stuff is 20% ABV and also tastes really good. It is also $10 per bottle and only found in certain places (they did not have it at the Alehouse). They did, however, have Alehouse 75, which is a blend/mix of their 60-minute IPA and their 90-minute IPA. I had a pint of that, followed by a snifter of 90-minute IPA, followed by a Festina Peche, which is a BerlinerWeisse beer (you cannot find many of these anywhere anymore since folks just are not brewing them). I discovered that last one previously in the week; it is quite good. Anyway, once we had some beer and some food (bacon cheeseburger without the cheese), we went back to Danny's place to meet up with our rented van for the evening.

We piled into the van and headed to the next event, the Baltimore Comedy Factory. Danny got really lucky - the main act was Mickey Cucchiella, one half of the morning show on 98 Rock (which I listen to on the way to work every morning). He's quite funny (and Joe Robinson, who opened was really funny too). Now, the girls (Cin's bachelorette party was the same day/night) went to the earlier show at the same place. And they provided all sorts of information about me and some other folks in our group so he had plenty of material. I had to sit on the stage for a while. Great fun.

Finally, we went to a bar in Federal Hill. I don't think I ever saw the name of it. Oh well. It was fun and they had a couple good beers on draft. Around 1.00a we headed home. It was quite nice to have the van just drop me off at home.

So, that was it. I had a blast and Danny and company did a wonderful job planning this (all things I loved). Thanks guys.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home