Friday, April 14, 2006

The Raven

Check out the Raven Run.

Raven is Robert Kraft, a resident of South Beach in Miami, Florida (who looks amazingly like my friend and co-worker, Trent). Since 1 January 1975, Raven has run every day on the beach for around eight miles. That's eight miles per day, every day, without missing one, for over THIRTY YEARS. Every day, for many years, people have shown up to run with Raven. He welcomes anyone that wants to come and run the eight miles (on one of four different routes) every day. There are some pretty cool pictures of some of the crowds that run with him sometimes.

There's a good article on this guy at the Miami New Times, which explains Raven's life and the benefits and hardships this running has given him. His streak shows amazing dedication. While I don't think I could ever do that (I have enough trouble running eight miles once, thank you very much), I stand in awe of this. I am also somewhat amazed that he has not left South Beach since starting and feels very anxious whenever he leaves the beach even for a couple hours. He hasn't experienced much outside of his area. But that suites him and I cannot judge that; it's good for him so it's good.

Wow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home