Sunday, June 19, 2005

movies

This weekend we saw two movies (we're trying to catch up on our backlog).

On Friday night we saw Mr. and Mrs. Smith. The premise of this movie is pretty simple - a couple (Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie) both have double lives as assassins. They are both assigned to kill the same person, find out about each other, and then try to kill each other. They figure out that they're both being played and then must work together to save their lives. This movie was pretty good. I was quite tired upon seeing it (the movie was around 11pm and I had a tough day so I was exhausted) but it was good. My score - 7/10.

On Saturday night, we saw Batman Begins. Talk about a great movie. This was definately the best Batman movie of all time and I think it was clearly the best superhero movie of the recent past. Finally we get a Batman movie that's pretty true to the story and is quite dark, as opposed to the campy movies that Joel Schulmacher brought us. The movie was downright scary at points and Christian Bale does a great job exploring the mind of Bruce Wayne and what makes him Batman. This is, easily, my favorite movie of the summer so far and I honestly don't know how anything else could beat it. My score - 9.5/10.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home